What should I bring?
* American Red Cross Lifeguarding Participant's Manual
* American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor's Manual
* Proof of current lifeguard certification
* Proof of completion of online course-work
* Athletic style swimwear
* Dry change of clothes
* Food and snacks – A refrigerator and microwave are available since this course does not include long breaks to leave the facility.
* Swim cap (recommended for participants with long hair)
* Deck footwear
* State-issued photo ID
* Contact case and solution for participants with contact lenses – you will open your eyes underwater, without using goggles, during skills practice and to perform rescues.
Where should I park?
Parking is available along Westlake Avenue North. Parking is free on the weekends and is $1 per hour M-F 9am-4pm.
When should I arrive?
We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes early for any training session so that you do not miss any of the content.
What should I expect?
This course spends approximately half of the in-person time in the pool and half on land. A portion of this course includes Online coursework, known as "Blended Learning." You will learn how to train Lifeguards to respond to Aquatic emergencies and perform water rescues. This course provides the opportunity to practice the teaching skills in the classroom and in the water with other participants. The physical skills practiced in this course can be strenuous in nature and participants are encouraged to plan accordingly.
What is blended learning?
After the registration deadline passes you will be emailed a link to the Red Cross online learning portal where you will complete approximately 4-6 hours of the training in advance of the first class meeting. Proof of completion must be printed out and given to the class instructor on the first day of the in-class training. Blended learning requires internet access, speakers, and a printer.
How can I lifeguard or train for SNS?
If you are interested in working for Safe N Sound Swimming, please apply using our Career Opportunities link. Safe N Sound primarily employs Lifeguards and Swim Instructors and has opportunities available for Lifeguard Instructors that are also qualified for these roles.
Who can I contact with specific questions?
Specific questions can be directed to Brandon@snsswim.com.